Summary of Sunday School message from 29 August 2021
Enter through the mouth and exit through the nose
Taught by: Teacher Noppawan Chupan and team
(Numbers 11:4-5) And the people of Israel started to complain about their food, as they have only been eating manna and
is feeling sick of the food, craving for some meat. They complained about the fish they ate in Egypt, and the cucumbers,
melons, leeks, onions and garlic, and have lost appetite for food. The people were wailing in front of their tents,
God heard them and became very angry, and Moses was very troubled. The Lord asked Moses to gather the elders of the Israelites
a total of 70 people and get them to gather in front of the tent. (Numbers 11:18) The Lord asked Moses to tell the people that they will
get to eat meat. The Lord said "they will eat it for 1 whole month, until it comes out of your nostrils and you will loathe it, because you have rejected
the Lord, who is among you, and you have wailed to Him." But Moses was doubting as he says he has six hundred thousand men and how can they
have meat for the whole month. The Lord says to Moses, "Is the Lord`s arm too short? Now you will see whether or not what I say will come true for you."
(Numbers 11:32) Now a wind went out from the Lord and drove quail in from the sea. It fell around the tents and everyone starting picking them. The people who
gathered the least still have at least 1000 kg each. They gathered the quail day and night. (Numbers 11:33) But while the meat was still between their teeth
and before it could be consumed, the anger of the Lord burned against the people, and He struck them with a severe plaque.
Lessons to learn from story
1. In making friends with others, we may learn the bad habits from them, making our lives worse. Example, the people who has not been trained in their characters.
When we are with good people, we learn their good traits. When we mix with bad people, they influence us with their bad habits making us tired and downfallen.
These bad turn out of events happened to the Israelites as they listened and follow what the non believers say. They were materialistic and placed much emphasis
on material things and food, and this led to their downfall with God.
2. What angered God was also their lack of faith for God and not believing that God will be able to provide them the meat for 1 month. Their mistrust and disbelief
made them hoard the food behind, although God has promised there will be enough to eat and they do not need to hoard or keep the food for future use.
3. No meat to eat, but no one can eat a ton of meat per day.
4. Complaining and doubting God. Complain that it`s not good enough and compared to Egypt when they were slaves and missing the past, and not trusting God fully
but doubting God.
5. Key point to think: (Numbers 11:20) but for a whole month-- until it comes out of your nostrils and you loathe it... because you have rejected the Lord, who is among you,
and have wailed before Him, saying, "Why did we ever leave Egypt?"...