Summary of Sunday School message from 10 October 2021
Taught by: Teacher Noppawan Chupan and team
Swallowed by the earth
1. Blinded by riches and becoming insolent. (Numbers 16:1-3). Korah, Dathan and Abiram became insolent because they were jealous of Moses
and Aaron of the respect they had.
2. Who is the person that was chosen by God? (Numbers 16:6-7) Korah and his followers were told to bring burning coals to the Lord and whoever is
chosen by God will be the Holy one.
3. Behind the rebellious heart (Numbers 16:10) God had brought Korah and followers close to Him and now they want to be priests too.
4. Condemnation without the truth (Numbers 16:13-14) Isn’t it enough that you have brought us up out of a land flowing with milk and honey to kill us in the wilderness?
And now you also want to lord it over us!
5. The truth or self-centeredness and gluttony?
6. Proof with fire. (Numbers 16: 16-17) Moses said to Korah, “You and all your followers are to appear before the Lord tomorrow—you and they and Aaron.
Each man is to take his censer and put incense in it—250 censers in all—and present it before the Lord. You and Aaron are to present your censers also.”
7. The Israelites were prevented from getting close. (Numbers 16:26) He warned the assembly, “Move back from the tents of these wicked men!
Do not touch anything belonging to them, or you will be swept away because of all their sins.”
8. The land is the witness (Numbers 16:29-33) If these men die a natural death and suffer the fate of all mankind, then the Lord has not sent me.
But if the Lord brings about something totally new, and the earth opens its mouth and swallows them, with everything that belongs to them,
and they go down alive into the realm of the dead, then you will know that these men have treated the Lord with contempt.
”As soon as he finished saying all this, the ground under them split apart and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed them and their households,
and all those associated with Korah, together with their possessions. They went down alive into the realm of the dead, with everything they owned;
the earth closed over them, and they perished and were gone from the community.
9. The fire from God burns (Numbers 16:35) And fire came out from the Lord and consumed the 250 men who were offering the incense.
Warnings for us
1. Be happy with what we have
2. Do not think you are better than others
3. God is pleased with the persons He picked for His ministry.
Verse for the Week
(Numbers 16:31) As soon as he finished saying all this, the ground under them split apart